Sunday, December 30, 2012

Days in Haiti

Yesterday, I read a news article reporting that the U.S. State Department had just issued an updated travel warning for U.S. travelers going to Haiti.  Seems the number of kidnappings....even murder of U.S. citizens....had increased over the past year.  Very troubling to hear....given how much Haiti seems to have benefited from the influx of American travelers....many of them faith-based groups seeking to help rebuild the island after the devastating earthquake.  I've personally been to Haiti on two short-term mission trips and the news report got me thinking about those memorable events.  I remembered that, for the June 2012 trip, I committed to keeping a daily journal...and actually did it!  If you are interested in learning about what a short-term mission trip to Haiti looks like....at least from one person's perspective....follow the link and read on.

Days in Haiti Journal - June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment